Rules Governing the B2B Expo 2018
1. PRINCIPAL PURPOSE. The principal purpose of the B2B Expo & Conference is to stimulate interest in and demand for industry products and services in general (herein, “Principal Purpose”). No exhibitor shall engage in any activity inconsistent with this Principal Purpose.
2. ON-SITE SALES: Exhibitors may offer information that is educational, professional, or instructional. “Over-the-counter” sales of goods or services for on site delivery—or the taking of orders or exchange of cash, checks, or credit card numbers for delivery at a later date — are expressly prohibited.
3. CONTRACT FOR SPACE: By submitting a contract for exhibit space, the applicant releases Eventify Limited, the Malta Fairs and Conventions Centre and official show contractors from any and all liabilities to applicant, its agents, licensees, or employees that may arise or be asserted as a result of submission of a contract or of participation in this exhibit. Acceptance of this contract does not imply endorsement by Eventify Limited, the Malta Fairs and Conventions Centre and official show contractors of the applicant's products, nor does rejection imply lack of merit of product or manufacturer. Eventify Limited has sole right to determine eligibility of any company or product for inclusion in the Expo and retains the right to rescind the contract if the exhibit is deemed to be contrary to the best interests of the show. This contract for space (when endorsed by Eventify Limited with notice of space assignment) constitutes a contract for the right to use the space. Dates and times posted subject to change at the discretion of Eventify Limited.
4. CANCELLATION TERMS: Booth space cancellation or reduction must be made in writing. For cancellations received on and before 30th April, 50% deposit will be forfeited or, if not already paid, will still be due and payable. For cancellations or reductions received on or after 1st May 2018, the total booth fee will be forfeited or, if not already paid, will still be due and payable. Failure to make payment according to the terms above does not release liability for this contract. If payment in full is not received by 1st May 2018, exhibitor may be removed from the floor plan. Once full payment is received, Eventify Limited will place exhibitor in the best available exhibit space at that time. Eventify Limited reserves the right to resell any cancelled space without compensation to the original exhibitor.
5. EXHIBIT BOOTHS: All standard booth spaces are two (2) metres wide by two (2) metres deep. A 2m x 2m standard booth includes Rental of panels 2000mm (W) x 1000mm (D) x 2500mm (H), Rental of branded counter and two stools or Rental of bistro table and three stools or low table and three chairs and Rental of exhibition lights. The space provided will be as shown on the floor plan insofar as possible, but Eventify Limited reserves the right to make changes at any time in the location, size, and display limits of any booth if this is in the best overall interest of the exhibit. Exhibits may not project beyond the space allotted or interfere with traffic or sightlines to exhibits of others. Exhibitors will have the option to purchase booth extensions enlarging the overall dimensions of the exhibition booth. Booth extensions will be limited to as maximum of 4 extensions and will be for a minimum of 2m x 2m per extension. The cost for extending a booth will be that of Euro 500 per extension. The exhibitor may also benefit from reduced rates when renting either of the following items: Graphic print 2000mm (W) x 2500mm (H); Carpet flooring; a 42" LCD Monitor or Literature Holders.
6. DECORATION: Eventify Limited shall have full discretion and authority in the placing, arrangement, and appearance of items displayed by Exhibitor and may require the replacing, rearrangement or redecorating of any item in the booth which Eventify Limited deems inconsistent with the Principal Purpose of the Expo or inappropriate for any other reason, and no liability shall attach to Eventify Limited for costs that may devolve upon Exhibitor thereby. The building of special background or side dividers is not allowed. All B2B Expo exhibition booths will be set up in a standard and uniform manner and all branding will be limited to a 2m x 2.5 metre print to be purchased at special rates from Eventify Limited's authorised signwriter. The use of helium balloons, confetti, and glitter are prohibited.
7. DISMANTLING: Exhibits may not be dismantled before the close of the show. Exhibits must be removed by the exhibitors from the premises no later than the time indicated in the official Exhibitor Service Manual. The premises must be left broom clean by the exhibitor. The Exhibitor shall be liable for all storage and handling charges resulting from the failure to remove exhibit material from the Expo before conclusion of the dismantling period.
8. DAMAGE TO PROPERTY: The Exhibitor is liable for any damage caused by him or his representatives to building floors, walls, or columns, or to the property of other Exhibitors. Decorations may not be taped, nailed, tacked, stapled, or otherwise fastened to ceilings, painted surfaces, columns, fabrics, doors, windows, partitions, furniture or walls or to standard booth equipment.
9. ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES: The use of alcoholic beverages in the Exhibit area by the exhibitor is prohibited except for alcoholic beverages that may be offered by the official caterer.
10. ATTENDANCE: Eventify Limited shall have sole control over admission policies at all times.
11. LOTTERIES; CONTESTS: The operation of games of chance or lottery devices, or the actual or simulated pursuit of any recreational pastime is permitted only on the approval from Eventify Limited.
12. BOOTH REPRESENTATIVES: Exhibitors’ booth representatives shall be restricted to employees of the exhibiting companies who are actually working in the exhibitor's booth. Booth representatives shall wear "EXHIBITOR" badge identification furnished by Eventify Limited at all times. Eventify Limited may limit the number of booth representatives at any time.
13. RESTRICTIONS OF ACTIVITIES: All exhibitor activities must be confined to the contracted exhibit space. No solicitation or distribution of literature outside of exhibit space will be allowed.
14. PROPER ATTIRE AND CONDUCT: Exhibitor’s representatives’ manner or appearance and dress must be such as not to offend even the most critical. Any breech of this rule will result in Exhibitor being immediately banned from the show and all future shows with no refund.
15. EXHIBITOR REPRESENTATIVES’ RESPONSIBILITY: Exhibitor agrees to indemnify Eventify Limited, the Malta Fairs and Conventions Centre, directors, agents and employees of each of these entities and official show contractors against and hold them harmless for any claims arising out of the acts or negligence of the exhibitor, his agents, or employees, or out of labor disputes.
16. REJECTED DISPLAYS: Exhibitor agrees that his exhibit shall be admitted and shall remain from day to day solely in strict compliance with the rules herein laid down. Eventify Limited reserves the right to reject, eject, or prohibit any exhibit in whole or part, or Exhibitor or his representatives, with or without giving cause. If cause is not given, and Eventify Limited and/or their official show contractors are for any reason deemed to be liable for such rejection, liability shall not exceed the return to Exhibitor of the remainder of rental unearned at the time of ejection. If an exhibit or Exhibitor is ejected for violation of these rules or for other stated reasons, no return shall be made.
17. SAFETY DEVICES: Exhibitor agrees to accept full responsibility for compliance with local regulations in the provision and maintenance of adequate safety devices and conditions for the operation of machinery and equipment.
18. USE OF EXHIBIT SPACE: No exhibitor may sublet, assign, or apportion any part of the space allotted, or represent, advertise, or distribute literature for the products or services of any other firm except as approved in writing by Eventify Limited.
19. EXHIBITORS’ ADMITTANCE DURING NON-SHOW HOURS: Booth representatives will be permitted to enter the Expo 1 hour before the scheduled opening time of the show. Exhibitors having special conditions that require additional time should check at one of the Info Points for permission.
20. FAILURE TO HOLD EXPO: Should any contingency prevent holding of the Expo, this lease shall terminate, and the exhibitor waives any claim for damages or compensation, and neither party shall have any further obligations against the other, except that Eventify Limited shall refund to the exhibitor the amounts paid under the Agreement, less a pro rata share of Eventify Limited's actual expenses incurred in connection with said Expo. Said pro rata share of Eventify Limited actual expenses is to be determined on the basis of the number of square feet of floor space assigned to the exhibitor in relation to the number of square metre of floor space assigned to all other exhibitors at the Expo under similar contracts with Eventify Limited.
21. FLOOR LOAD: Under no circumstances may the weight of any equipment or exhibit material exceed the hall's maximum floor load. Exhibitor accepts full and sole responsibility for any injury or damage to property or person resulting from failure, knowingly or otherwise, to distribute the load of his exhibit material in conformity with the maximum floor load specifications.
22. FLAMMABLE MATERIALS: No flammable fluids or materials of any nature, including decorative materials, prohibited by local fire regulations, may be used in any booth.
23. SIGNS; SIGN COPY; ILLUMINATION: Electric flashers or signs involving the use of neon or similar gases are prohibited. Should the wording on any sign or area in exhibitor’s booth be deemed by Eventify Limited to be contrary in any way to the best interests of the Expo, Exhibitor shall make such changes as are requested by Eventify Limited.
24. SECURITY: Eventify Limited and the Malta Fairs and Conventions Centre will provide security service and take reasonable precautions to safeguard exhibitors' property. The provision of this service, however, shall not be construed as an assumption of obligation or duty with respect to the protection of the exhibitors’ property.
25. RESTRICTIONS: Eventify Limited reserves the right to restrict exhibits which, because of noise, method of operation, or any other reason, become objectionable or otherwise detract from or are out of keeping with the character of the Conference as a whole. In the event of such restrictions or evictions, Eventify Limited is not liable for any refund of rental or other expenses.
26. OBSTRUCTION OF AISLES OR BOOTHS: Any demonstration or activity that results in excess obstruction of aisles or prevents ready access to nearby exhibitors’ booths shall be suspended for any period specified by Eventify Limited.
27. SOUND: Exhibitors operating sound equipment, speakers, or any other noise-creating devices shall do so only at a level that will not interfere with other exhibitors or add unduly to general acoustic inconvenience. All demonstrations of services or equipment, interviews, and other exhibit activities must be conducted so as not to infringe on the rights of other exhibitors or offend visitors to the exhibit. The playing of music or any other audio enabled device during the allotted conference times is not permitted.
28. HOSPITALITY FUNCTIONS: Eventify Limited encourages exhibitors to provide hospitality to attendees during the conference provided those events do not conflict with already scheduled conference events. Exhibitors may not hold off-site events that conflict with already scheduled conference events.
29. FIRE REGULATIONS. Exhibitors will comply with all applicable laws, operating guidelines and all other rules and requirements. Packing containers, wrappings and similar materials must be removed from the exhibit area and not stored under tables or behind displays.
30. EXHIBITOR’S REPRESENTATIVE: A representative of the Exhibitor must be in attendance throughout the period of the exhibition. The Exhibitor is to notify Eventify Limited in advance who his official representative(s) will be. Two official representatives per paid 2m x2m booth space will be entitled to participate in all conference events. Exhibit personnel must wear identification badges while on the exhibit floor.
31. INTERPRETATION AND ENFORCEMENT: These regulations are a part of the contract between the exhibitor and the Eventify Limited. All matters in question not covered by these regulations are subject to the decision of Eventify Limited and all decisions so made shall be binding on all parties affected by them.